Thursday, July 12, 1:15pm EST
Bringing Words to Life: How Are the SDGs Supporting Peace, Justice, and Inclusion?
This event focuses on early successes of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development—not only in regards to SDG 16 but across the agenda (SDG16+)—to foster peace, justice, and inclusion at the local and national level.
Monday, July 16, 1:15pm EST
Fostering Entrepreneurship & Innovation to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals
Taking place during the High-Level Political Forum, this event will discuss the role of entrepreneurship in realization of social and economic gains, and showcase success stories from entrepreneurs working on these issues.
Tuesday, July 17, 8:15am EST
Affordable Housing for All
This event examines ongoing and future government efforts to improve access to adequate housing, seeking to increase the awareness of UN member states of the challenges of housing from a more holistic perspective and their commitment to repositioning housing at the center of national development strategies.
Tuesday, July 17, 1:15pm EST
Reaching Internally Displaced Persons to Achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
In this event, participants will discuss the link between development policies and internal displacement by sharing tangible examples of actions that governments, civil society, and the international community are taking to help implement the SDGs by including IDPs.
Featured IPI Publications and Global Observatory Articles on Sustainable Development
- Advancing Sustainable Development between Conflict and Peace in Myanmar, by Mona Christophersen and Svein Erik Stave
- Pursuing Sustainable Development under Sectarianism in Lebanon, by Mona Christophersen
- A Greek Recipe for Overcoming Crises: Can the SDGs Be Used as Ingredients? by Jimena Leiva Roesch and Cheryl He
- Humanitarian Action and Sustaining Peace, by Alice Debarre
- Aligning Agendas: Drugs, Sustainable Development, and the Drive for Policy Coherence, by the International Expert Group on Drug Policy Metrics
- Toward a New Gambia: Linking Peace and Development, by Lesley Connolly and Cheryl He
- A New Way of Doing Business: Partnering for Sustainable Development and Peace, by Jimena Leiva Roesch, Stefanía Doebbel, and Masooma Rahmaty
- The SDGs and Prevention for Sustaining Peace: Exploring the Transformative Potential of the Goal on Gender Equality, by Delphine Mechoulan, Youssef Mahmoud, Andrea Ó Súilleabháin, and Jimena Leiva Roesch
- Entrepreneurship for Sustaining Peace, by Youssef Mahmoud, Anupah Makoond, and Ameya Naik
Global Observatory Articles:
- Development in Myanmar, Building Peace or Generating Conflict? by Mona Christophersen
- Sustainable Institutions Critical for Lebanon’s Sustainable Development, by Mona Christophersen
- Does Peace Always Produce Development? Guatemala Offers Some Clues, by Jimena Leiva Roesch and Mona Christophersen
- Is UN Goal 16 on Peace Being Misused to Justify Securitization? by Anna Möller-Loswick
- The Unaddressed Plight of Internally Displaced Persons, Alice Debarre
- The Gambia: An Ideal Case for Prevention in Practice, by Lesley Connolly