The International Peace Institute is currently inviting applications for the position of Assistant Editor to assist the Editor in producing and disseminating all IPI books, policy papers, issue briefs, and related materials at IPI’s headquarters in New York City.
- Copyediting, formatting citations, fact checking, and proofreading publications, and copyediting other IPI communications as required
- Maintaining the house style guide
- Managing the in-house printing of reports
- Conducting photo research for publications
- Assisting with the dissemination of publications on email and social media
- Helping monitor the impact of IPI’s publications
- Managing books purchases and subscriptions to journals, magazines, and newspapers
- Conducting publications-related administrative tasks, including expense reports
- Performing other ad hoc tasks as determined by the Editor
- BA or MA in the humanities or social sciences, particularly international affairs
- Outstanding command of English, particularly in writing and editing (the interview process will include an editing test); knowledge of Chicago style desirable
- Strong organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail
- Editorial or publishing experience, especially copyediting, strongly preferred
- Familiarity with or interest in the UN system and IPI’s areas of work (e.g., peacebuilding, peacekeeping, humanitarian affairs, sustainable development)
- Knowledge of written French a plus
Please send cover letter, résumé, three references, and a relevant writing sample (1,500 words or less) to email@example.com (with “Assistant Editor” as the email subject).
Please send applications by Wednesday, July 18, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be willing to relocate to New York City. No working visa will be sponsored for this position.