IPI is currently seeking applicants for the following openings:
President & CEO
The IPI Board of Directors wish to appoint a new President & CEO commencing as soon as possible. The role will be based in IPI’s office in New York City, USA (currently closed due to COVID-19).
- Delivering on IPI’s mission, including through ensuring the organization’s values, ethics and integrity, as well as its internal culture and morale, are of the highest standing and that the organization is transparent and accountable, including to its donors, Board and International Advisory Council;
- Providing international policy leadership, including through identifying projects IPI should be engaged in and being responsible for their execution;
- All aspects to do with the operations, programs and activities of IPI;
- All IPI personnel, both staff and volunteer, including developing and maintaining good personnel policies and practices;
- Working with the IPI Board, including to ensure compliance with all laws, policies and procedures;
- Representing IPI publicly, including with the UN and diplomatic community, as well as in the media;
- Fundraising to support IPI’s activities, including with governments, foundations and others consistent with IPI’s Gift Acceptance Policy and other relevant IPI governance protocols; and
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Board consistent with the IPI By Laws.
The President & CEO’s salary and benefits will be in line with those of comparative NGOs.
The President & CEO will be selected on the basis of:
- Their commitment to integrity, ethical leadership, promoting diversity and inclusion, human rights, international law, as well as peace and sustainable development;
- Their experience working at a high-level with the UN and/or the international diplomatic community and/or with international NGOs;
- Their ability to run an international entity consisting of dozens of staff across multiple offices;
- Their academic and professional background, including their research and work in the areas covered by IPI; and
- Their professional relationships with governments and other international institutions of relevance to IPI’s work.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with shortlisted candidates being invited for a virtual interview with a selection committee which will consist of representatives of the IPI Board, the IPI International Advisory Council, and external stakeholders.
Queries should also be directed to the above address.
Website/Social Media Writing Intern
IPI seeks qualified applicants for a full-time, three-month paid internship (with the possibility of renewal) as part of IPI’s Communications Team. This intern will help with writing and publishing website and social media content for IPI.
The selected candidate will be expected to work virtually through the duration of the three-month internship. Although the successful candidate does not need to be based in New York City, the candidate should be available during standard IPI working hours (9am-5pm EST).
The intern will be part of IPI’s Communications Team, which oversees all aspects of the IPI and Global Observatory websites, as well as IPI’s social media presence.
The intern will gain knowledge and skills from on-the-job experience, with IPI staff providing guidance and feedback to facilitate the learning process.
*Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States. Please note that IPI cannot sponsor work visas for internships.*
- Assist with producing website text including research and drafting copy;
- Produce posts for, and help maintain, the IPI & Global Observatory social media accounts;
- Implement social media outreach and look for new opportunities;
- Assist with maintaining the web style guide;
- Research as directed by Communications Team; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Director.
- BA or MA with a degree/concentration in international affairs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of multilateral institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to write about international relations;
- Ability to write for the web and social media;
- Technologically savvy, with strong knowledge of web usability and social media;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment.
The closing date for applications is February 15.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in a writing test.
The position will be filled as soon as a successful candidate is identified with ideal start date of April 1, 2021.
Please send the following in an email to email@example.com (with “Website/Social Media Writing Internship” as the email subject):
- Cover letter;
- Current résumé/CV;
- A short writing sample;
- Contact information for three professional references; and
- Please state in your application your availability to commence the internship.
Please send only Word, Word Perfect, or Adobe Acrobat files. Do not compress or zip files. No telephone or faxed inquiries.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IPI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and internationally representative staff.