Web/Social Media Internship
The International Peace Institute is seeking a Web/Social Media Intern to work with the Web and Multimedia team in producing and publishing web and social media content. IPI is an independent, international not-for-profit think tank dedicated to promoting the prevention and settlement of conflicts between and within states and to strengthen multilateral capacities for peace and security.
Applicants must already be eligible to work in the US. There is no visa sponsorship with this internship.
- Write summaries and other text for websites;
- Assist with maintaining Twitter and Facebook accounts;
- Coordinate video and photos; and
- Liaise with a consultant on the technical aspects of the site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or MA with a degree/concentration in new media and international affairs
- Demonstrated knowledge of multilateral institutions
- Impeccable command of English, particularly in writing and editing
- Ability to write for the web and social media
- Technologically savvy, with strong knowledge of web usability and social media
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment
IPI is pleased to offer a stipend of $10/hour for this internship position on a full-time basis (Monday to Friday – 9 am to 5 pm), with the ideal start date in August.
Please send your letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV), and 2-3-page writing sample to email@example.com (with “Web/Social Media Internship” as the e-mail subject) by August 1st.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IPI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly committed to recruiting and retaining an internationally and culturally diverse staff.