IPI is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
New York Office:
Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Office (Bahrain):
The Events intern will gain knowledge and skills from on-the-job experience, with the External Relations Team providing guidance and feedback to facilitate the learning process. S/He will also interact with program staff members, to assist in the organization of all IPI events and meetings. The Events internship requires a candidate who is an energetic multitasker with excellent judgment, discretion, initiative, and the ability to prioritize.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of all logistical aspects of IPI events, including the invitation process, check-in of participants, greeting of guests, handling of microphones, displaying of publications, and other matters as they arise;
- Contact invitees prior to an event and other outreach duties related to the planning of an event;
- Compile participant list and biographies for upcoming events;
- Assist with room setup prior to events;
- Participate in the clean-up process following the conclusion of events, including putting away the microphones, removing left-over food, papers, pens, notepads and assisting with re-arranging the conference room;
- Update the event records in Salesforce database with all of the planning information related to an event and record all of the follow up information, including event attendance;
- Manage post-event follow-up, including sending follow-up documents to participants;
- Take inventory of events-related materials as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Events.
- BA preferred, but not required in the field of Business Management/Hospitality or other related field;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent ability to multitask;
- Experience with Salesforce a plus; and
- Educational knowledge of multilateral institutions/international affairs a plus.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com (with “Events Intern” as the email subject).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The internship will be filled as soon as a successful candidate is identified. Candidates must be willing to relocate to New York City.
IPI Middle East and North Africa (IPI MENA) Internship
IPI is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, three-month paid internship as part of IPI’s Middle East and North Africa (IPI MENA), Manama Bahrain office. This position has an immediate start date.
The intern will be under the supervision of the Program and Research Assistant. The successful candidate will work with all members of the IPI MENA team, and will interact with other IPI programs. The intern will gain knowledge and skills from on-the-job experience, with the IPI MENA Team providing guidance and feedback to facilitate the learning process.
- Research and contribute to drafting concept notes related to project and programs and provide research support to the team as needed/li>
- Write media advisories and press releases;
- Write and circulate minutes of meetings;
- Interact with a broad range of international and regional actors working on these topics at the multilateral level;
- Assist with the substantive and technical preparation of meetings and seminars;
- Support the social media processes for the office;
- Support and assist with logistical aspects of events; ; and
- Perform various administrative tasks in support of CPO programming.
- Graduate-level coursework in international affairs, political science, or a related field, with an interest or focus on issues related to the Middle East and North Africa;
- Knowledge of UN institutions and multilateral policy processes;
- Outstanding research, analytical, and English writing skills;
- Fluency in English; proficiency in Arabic is an added value;
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment, with demonstrated sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; and
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please send the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with “IPI MENA Internship” as the email subject):
- Cover letter with current résumé/CV;
- A short writing sample (no more than 2-3 pages) on a relevant subject; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Please send only Word, Word Perfect or Adobe Acrobat files. Do not compress or zip files. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The IPI MENA internship is a full time position, paid according to an hourly wage.
Please note that IPI cannot sponsor work visas for internships.
IPI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly committed to recruiting and retaining an internationally and culturally diverse staff.