IPI is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Events Manager – IPI NY
The Events Manager position is a full-time position under the overall supervision of the Director of External Relations. The Events Manager works with the Director of External Relations to oversee all IPI events taking place in New York. Liaising with event partners, program staff members, the External Relations Coordinator, Event Coordinators, and the facilities team, the Events Manager will serve as the focal point for all events at IPI. The Events Manager will also work on outreach and follow-up activities related to IPI events. This position requires an energetic multitasker with related experience and excellent judgment, discretion, attention to details, initiative, and the ability to prioritize. It is imperative and essential that the person in this position has good communication skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, is polite and has a positive disposition when liaising with staff and guests. It is recommended that this person has at least 3-5 years of professional and managerial experience.
In coordination with the External Relations Director, the Events Manager will oversee all ongoing IPI events taking place in New York. This will include the following responsibilities:
- Supervise event coordinators and the intern for the events department;
- Meet with prospective partners to discuss a proposed event;
- Conduct research to write event-related materials, including concept notes, invitations, and agendas;
- Oversee the invitation process;
- Research and invite potential speakers;
- Manage event-related outreach activities;
- Proofread participant lists, speaker biographies, and invitations for upcoming events;
- Manage the process of recording event partnerships on the database and oversee the reimbursement process following events;
- Manage the events calendar for all IPI events that take place in NY;
- Coordinate weekly updates informing staff members of upcoming events;
- Supervise all logistical aspects of an event including room set-up, check-in of participants, greeting of guests, handling of microphones, display of publications, and other matters as they arise;
- Work evening and weekend hours when assigned;
- Liaise with staff and coordinate on how to improve data recording for the purpose of reporting on IPI’s work and activities related to events;
- Liaise with staff and coordinate on all branding activities related to event; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of External Relations.
- BA required;
- 3-5 years of professional and managerial experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent ability to multitask;
- Knowledge of/proficiency in Salesforce a plus; and
- Interest in/knowledge of multilateral institutions/international affairs a plus.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The position will be filled as soon as a successful candidate is identified. Candidates must be willing to relocate to New York City.
Web & Multimedia Intern
IPI is seeking a Web and Multimedia Intern to help with writing and publishing (with graphics) web and social media content. This position reports to the Director of Web & Multimedia and Web Editor.
- Write summaries and other text for the IPI website;
- Write copy for the IPI & Global Observatory Facebook & Twitter accounts, and help maintain accounts;
- Coordinate videos and photos;
- Research related to social media outreach;
- Research as directed by Director, other editors; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BA or MA with a degree/concentration in international affairs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of multilateral institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to write about international relations;
- Ability to write for the web and social media;
- Technologically savvy, with strong knowledge of web usability and social media;
- Superb organizational skills and attention to details;
- Ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment; and
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- IPI is pleased to offer a stipend of $11/hour for this internship position on a full-time basis (Monday to Friday – 9 am to 5 pm) starting as soon as possible.
Please send your cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), contact information for three professional references and 2-3 page writing sample to email@example.com (with “Web & Multimedia Intern” as the e-mail subject) by January 10th.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.